Sunday 3 February 2013

Final poster design


This is our final poster design which has been edited using Adobe Photoshop and iPiccy a free online photo editing website.

I firstly edited the photo on iPiccy increasing highlights and shadows to make it look more dramatic. I also increased the vibrancy of the colours in the photo. 


All fonts were found on MyFonts and have been minipulated on Photoshop make the typography look designed and overall more professional looking. The idea of the typography was to make it look like wispy candle smoke and so I used the smudge and blur tools to achieve this look on both the title 'Bitter Sweet' and 'coming soon'.


For our tagline 'It's all fun and games' I used a simple bold font as this is what I noticed was conventional from my poster research. I put this in pink to twist the horror convention of typically having red and to suggest the girly/princessy element of our trailer. I used a satin effect on photoshop to create tone on the tagline image rather than one flat colour. By having the tagline to the positioned to the side of the image it draws the eye around the poster.


At the bottom of the poster to make it look more professional I added some production titles also.

Overall I think the poster does convey what we wanted to suggest of our trailer and does follow certain conventions to make it effective for the genre.

Amy Freeman   

No comments:

Post a Comment